Donate through Paypal

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Saturday -- Day 3





Today has been interesting as we deal with daily living issues. Brandon has Saturday morning classes in preparation of the national tests he'll be taking next year. The outcome determines which secondary school. This is equivalent to our middle school and high school. The secondary school these children attend often determines the career paths.

While Brandon was at school, which released at noon, Tracy and I went shopping for t-shirts for my grandchildren and two of your young church boys. Then we met David and Andy at an insurance office to renew Andy's car insurance. Unlike our open offices, metal bars separated the clients from the insurance clerks here in Trinidad. Then we went to a pharmacy where, again bars separated the customers from product and staff, so I could purchase a bottle of zyrtec (I left mine at home). The pharmacist came to the window to assist me, which is apparently unusual. The clerk, with whom I spoke initially, told me that 10 mg was $5.30. It took me a few moments to realize that I needed to tell her how many pills I wanted to buy -- I purchased ten for $53.30. In American money, that's about $8.58.

After lunch, we went to the Gulf City Mall in La Romaine. We started our shopping trip out with ice cream, purchased some gifts for family back home and finished it off popcorn. We got back to Gasparillo around 6 p.m. (Special thanks to Denise Campbell for clarifying a few of these locations).

No comments:

Post a Comment